OK3 AIR Awards over $40,000 in Charitable Foundation Grants to Non-Profits Serving the Heber Valley
OK3 AIR has proudly operated its FBO business at the Heber Valley Airport for the past 23 years. OK3 AIR believes that it has a responsibility to positively impact the community in which it operates through annual charitable giving to local non-profits that improve people's lives. To this end, OK3 AIR established a Charitable Foundation Grant program in 2022, for which it solicits applications each year from June through September.
OK3 AIR has now announced its Charitable Foundation Grants recipients for 2023:
- Christian Center of Park City/Heber Food Pantry/Snacks in Backpacks Project
- Wasatch County School District Foundation (Wasatch Education Foundation) / We Rise First-Gen Scholars Program
- Encircle Family and Youth Resource Center/Encircle Heber Programming
- Kimball Art Center/ARTS Tours at Heber Valley elementary schools
These non-profits received an average grant of about $10,500.
For the second year in a row, the Wasatch Education Foundation received a grant to support its "We Rise First-Gen Scholars Program", which provides financial and mentoring support for first-generation college students. One We Rise Scholar, Derek Colon, explained the impact of a college education, made possible by the Wasatch Education Foundation: "I am working on achieving an honors bachelor's degree in mechanical engineering with an emphasis in Data Science and Solid Mechanics at the University of Utah. Additionally, I am seeking to achieve a minor in Computer Science. I am also planning on studying abroad during the summer of 2024 as it will be greatly beneficial not only in my educational growth but in my personal growth."
In addition to these four Grants, which were awarded based on submitted grant applications, OK3 AIR's Grant Committee also awarded three "Surprise" Grants of $1000 to the following non-profits which provide much-needed services to the Heber Valley:
- Wasatch County Children's Justice Center
- Paws for Life Utah
- Boys & Girls Club of Utah County / Heber City Programs
In announcing the 2023 grants, Maggie AbuHaidar, General Counsel to OK3 AIR and Director of the OK3 AIR Charitable Foundation Grants Program, said, "Collectively, these non-profits will impact thousands of children and young adults in Heber Valley this year. They provide healthy food, art lessons and recreation, and much-needed support for preschool students, first-gen college students, and the most vulnerable children and animals in the community. We are so grateful for the services these non-profits provide and proud to partner with them."
The application window for OK3 AIR's 2024 Charitable Foundation Grants will open on June 1, 2024. If your non-profit is based in or serving the Heber Valley and focuses on public health, education, arts, affordable housing, environmental, and/or land conservation issues, and you would like to join OK3 AIR's mailing list for the 2024 charitable grant cycle, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
And, for more information on the non-profits which received charitable grants from OK3 AIR this year, or to make a donation yourself, please visit the links below:
- Christian Center of Park City: www.ccofpc.org
- Encircle Heber: www.encircletogether.org/heber
- Kimball Art Center: www.kimballartcenter.org
- Wasatch Education Foundation: www.wasatched.org
- Wasatch County Children's Justice Center: www.wasatch.utah.gov/cjc
- Paws for Life Utah: www.pflu.org
- Boys & Girls Club: www.gohebervalley.com/boys-and-girls-club-of-utah-county